The purpose of this scholarship program is to assist employees of NCOMS practices in becoming caregivers, professionals, and leaders in cancer-related fields or occupations.
The NCOMS Scholarship Committee consists of:
- Education/Scholarship Committee Chair
- Vice President/President-Elect
- Patient Advocacy Committee Chairperson
NCOMS Scholarship distributions will be limited to a maximum of $12,000 annually (ranging from $50 – $1000).
In April of each year, the NCOMS Scholarship Committee will open the application process. The application form must be completed and sent to the NCOMS Scholarship Committee Chair before September 1st of each year for all college-related courses. Certifications will be accepted throughout the year.
All employees of an Oncology practice that have at least one active NCOMS member are eligible. “Active” is defined as being current on membership dues and the member must have attended one conference or workshop the previous year
The scholarship is available to all high school graduates or greater that are pursuing a Certification or Specialty credentials, an Associate, Bachelor or Master’s degree in a field that could benefit or promote quality cancer care.
Applicants are not limited to the number of years they can apply for financial assistance but first-time applicants will receive a higher priority than repeat applicants.
All applicants will be notified prior to October 15th whether they will be awarded. Applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will receive a check once the following criteria have been met. These requirements are due no later than January 15th the following year.
- Provide proof of completed course with a grade “C” or higher.
- Provide a copy of paid receipts equal to or greater than the
awarded scholarship amount.
- Provide the mailing address and contact to mail scholarship
funds if the scholarship grant is to go directly to the Institute of
- Financial Aid Letter of award for the semester. (if applicable)
- Letter from Administrator showing status of current employment.
Applicants that are submitting requests for Certifications must provide the following:
- Official documentation showing you passed the Certification.
- Copy of paid receipt equal to or greater than the awarded scholarship amount.
- Letter from Administrator showing the status of current employment.
Additional questions regarding the award process should be directed to the NCOMS Scholarship Committee Chair:
Austin Blalock, LPN
1850 W. Arlington Blvd.
Greenville, NC 28734
Email: [email protected] *(preferred method of application submissions)